worship and arts
Ministry of Worship, Arts and Spiritual Life (WASL) is responsible for the over view of all aspects of the worship services and music programs, including, but not limited to: music, Communion, chancel beautification, audio-visual, and Continental Breakfast.
Worship is the central act of the church. Weekly we gather to focus, to center, to acknowledge God as the core of all life and the ground of our being. We celebrate life as a gift, we give thanks for all blessings and all life’s moments, and we seek courage for the journey.
Worship at the First Congregational is an integrated experience where
• body, mind and spirit meet
• preaching feeds the spirit as it re-interprets the scripture contextually and not literally
• music engages our non-rational side, encompassing a variety of styles
• the spiritual journey of each individual and the community is inspired
• we are challenged to serve and to make a difference in the world